By booking your event with High Tea in a Box, you agree to be bound by these terms and conditions.

Package Costs and Inclusions

High Tea in a Box offers three high tea packages. For package pricing and inclusions, please refer to Packages. Provision of items such as tablecloths, teapots, cake stands and centre pieces are based on total guest numbers, roughly 1 item per 5 guests. Extra charges may apply if more items are required. Please contact us for a quote.

Bond and Deposit

A deposit of 25% of the total booking cost is required to confirm your booking. An additional payment of 25% of the total booking cost is required one month prior to the event.  The remaining 50% balance and a $200 bond are required 10 days prior to the event. The bond will be refunded after your event, once all goods are collected and accounted for.  A 25% fee, being 25% of the total booking cost, applies to cancellations within one month of an event.  A 100% fee, being 100% of the total booking cost, applies for cancellations within 7 days of an event.  A $50 administration fee will be charged for all other cancellations. A 15% surcharge may apply for 5 or less days notice when making a booking.

Payment Options

Payment can be made by Direct Deposit or Credit Card.  Payments by credit card will attract a surcharge of 3%.

City Access Fee

A charge of $20 is applicable if parking is not provided.

Public Holidays

Bookings subject to availability. Bookings unavailable Easter Sunday, Christmas Day, Boxing Day, Good Friday and New Year’s Day. All other public holidays incur a 15% surcharge.

Confirmation of numbers

Final numbers and balance of payment is required 10 working days prior to the event.

Set Up

Set up in all packages refers to table settings only. All tables and chairs must be set up prior to High Tea in a Box’s arrival.

Collection of items after your event

As a condition of hire, we ask that you please ensure the following in preparation for collection of the High Tea in a Box hire products:

  • Rinse off tea cups and teapots;
  • Scrape plates clean;
  • Ensure all items are packed neatly back into the tubs.

Collection of crockery will be made at the conclusion of your event, generally before 6.00pm. A $200 fee applies if items are not ready for collection. In some instances where collection is required the following day, we ask that all items be washed, dried and placed back into the tubs for collection due to hygiene reasons. A minimum $60 next day collection fee applies for all next day collections within a 20km radius of Carine. Collections outside of this radius attract further charges as do collections on Sundays and public holidays.

Missing or damaged items

Missing/damaged items will be charged at RRP (recommended retail price). Bond will not be returned until all items have been checked and accounted for.